Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fond Memories of Another Christmas Season with the Children's Ballet Theatre's Production of The Nutcracker


As the 2009 Christmas season comes to a close, I heard a song on the radio from The Nutcracker, which rekindled my fond memories of when my daughter was a member of the Children's Ballet Theater in South Philadelphia.

For many years Christmas in my family meant the Children's Ballet Theatre's annual full scale production of The Nutcracker at the Merriam Theatre. My daughter, a college student today, performed in the annual Christmas productions for many years while she was growing up.

Above is a piece on the Children's Ballet Theatre that appeared in The South Philadelphia American, where I had a regular column, in 1996. The second piece is from The Philadelphia Daily News.

Angela Corosanite, the former artistic director of the Children's Ballet Theatre, is today the CEO and founder of the Philadelphia Performing Arts Charter School in South Philadelphia.
*
You can access my web profile, links to my online columns and crime fiction, as well as clips of my magazine and newspaper pieces here

No comments:

Post a Comment