Monday, December 26, 2011

Mr. Ritchie, May I Have My Sherlock Holmes Back, Please?



Andrew Martin at the British newspaper the Independant asks film director Guy Ritchie if he can have his beloved Sherlock Holmes character back.

When people berated Steven Spielberg for dumbing down Tintin, I looked on with bemusement, but then I didn't spend half my childhood reading Tintin stories. I did spend half of my childhood reading Sherlock Holmes stories, which is why I have a bone to pick with Guy Ritchie, director of the Christmas blockbuster and nominal Holmes film, A Game Of Shadows.

You can read the rest of the piece via the below link:

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/commentators/andrew-martin-can-i-have-my-sherlock-back-please-6281534.html

The photo above is of Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes.

1 comment:

  1. Always a pleasure to meet a Sherlockian :)

    Have you read the book "Bending the Willow: Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes" by David Stuart Davies. This book is a recommended read for fans of the Granada adaptation and/or Jeremy Brett.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete