Sunday, February 5, 2012

My Philadelphia Inquirer Review Of Val McDermid's 'The Retribution'


The Philadelphia Inquirer published my review of Scottish crime writer Val McDermid's novel, The Retribution today.

My introduction to Scottish crime writer Val McDermid's compelling characters, clinical psychologist and criminal profiler Dr. Tony Hill and Detective Chief Inspector Carol Jordon, came from watching the outstanding TV series Wire in the Blood on BBC America a few years back.

I thought the TV crime drama, which was based on McDermid's novel The Wire in the Blood and starred Robson Green as Hill and Hermione Norris as Jordon, was interesting and entertaining. I planned to pick up a copy of one of McDermid's novels, but I have not read one until now.

You can read the rest of the review below:


Note: You can click on the above to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment